Friday, June 20, 2008

Through the rain and darkness.

The storm was so heavy last night. I couldn't sleep. I got a glass of water and gazed out the window as the wind and rain beat against it. That was when I saw it.

At the edge of the field, a rain-soaked figure stood silently. A flash of lightning cast it into eerie relief for an instant. For a moment I thought it was a large, emaciated dog, standing on its hind legs and staring mutely towards the house, its shaggy fur hanging wetly. But then I realised the gaunt figure couldn't be a dog at all.

Despite an odd feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach, I went outside to see if they were alright, being out in elements on a bitter night like that. By the time I opened the door, the figure was gone. The next morning, with the storm clear, I walked up to the edge of the field to investigate and found muddy footprints. The rain had beaten at them and I was strangely unable to tell if they were left by a human or an animal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Ben said...

Thanks, spambot!

Anonymous said...

DON"T GO OUTSIDE WHEN THERE'S SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT MIGHT EAT YOU!!!! jUST DON'T! hAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN A WEREWOLF MOVIE! tHEY HIDE, AND WHEN YOU LET YOUR GUARD DOWN, THEY JUMP OUT AT YOU AND TEAR YOU APART!! lOCK THE DOORS AND GO TO THE ATTIC WITH YOUR SHOTGUN AND CHILDREN!! tHE ATTIC!NOT THE FRONT LAWN WHERE YOU JUST SAW THE BEASTIE!!!

rAWr!!! (from your loving, and werewolf-experty sister)